BioAxone is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of regenerative therapeutic drugs based on a deep understanding of axon regeneration and neuronal signaling pathways.
BioAxone research and clinical development work is focused in the following main areas:
- Development program addressing the extrinsic barriers to axon regeneration
- Preclinical program o develop therapies that digest the glial scar that forms after neurotrauma. Some of this work is funded by NIH/SBIR grant funds.
- Preclinical development of BA-1049 for treatment of cerebral cavernous malformations
- NIH funded research supporting therapies to address the intrinsic barriers to regeneration brought on by neuronal aging
- Combination therapies to address needs of chronic spinal cord injury
The company’s lead drug for spinal cord injuries, VX-210 (formerly Cethrin™), has been licensed to Vertex Pharmaceuticals.